How To Pick Premium Cat Food?
Pets are just like humans. They require a balanced diet to remain healthy and give them energy for proper brain function. There are different options in the market, which can be overwhelming for first-timers. That’s why it’s essential to look for cat food and what you should avoid.
What Nutrients to Look for When Buying Cat food?
As you know, cats are carnivores which means they need meat to stay healthy. Go premium cat food should contain the following:
- Protein most of must come from meat such as fish or any poultry. does
- Taurine is a necessary amino acid found in animal-based proteins that cats can’t produce independently. It’s vital as it helps with vision, heart, and digestion function.
- Additional minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and fatty acids
Note some cat foods don’t have the required nutrients. When buying, make sure at least three or four of the first six ingredients should be meat. However, when purchasing here are things you should be keen on, avoid them.
Things you need to Avoid in Cat Food
As a pet owner, it’s essential to know what should be included in your premium cat food and what to avoid. Here is a list of ingredients you have to avoid :
- Preservatives: Look out for food with natural preservatives like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and oils from specific spices. However, you should avoid chemical preservatives such as BHA, BHT, and ethoxyquin.
- Artificial flavors: That are chemically made are not suitable for your cat. Look to see if the food has natural substances to flavor fruit juice, vegetables, meat, fish, spices, and fermentation products.
- Artificial dyes: Some companies use them to make their products appealing to consumers. You should know that they don’t have any nutritional value, so keep these products.
Some factors play a part in choosing the right food for your cat. However, having basic knowledge will help you ensure you get the best with the proper nutrients.